There are MANY opportunities to serve our military service members, their families, their colleagues and the communities in which they live. Some of you may be managers who hire veterans and reservists. Others may be spouses or partners seeking to support military-connected people and find a career that allows independence and flexibility. You may be a veteran yourself who intends to volunteer at a local non-profit and believes that coaching is a powerful tool that will help other veterans, If you fall into any of these categories – or are just interested in learning more about innovative ways to create a great culture by helping those who have served our country and helped us – please consider coach training. And also – I would ask to consider this particular training program.
BlueRio Strategies has been offering high-caliber training programs for more than 9 years and the past five years has offered the nation’s first CCE-BCC Approved, FULL coaching certification program that specifically trains people to assist military veterans.
I am the founder, Jessi LaCosta. This is part of my calling – to build a sustainable, resilient world – with leadership and community being strategic, results-focused and yet empathetic and compassionate in their approaches. We must find a way to come together. Coaching is just one of the many ways to do that – yet I must admit – even if I am biased, it is a magnificent way.
First-hand, I have experienced the profound growth in people who are coached. I am honored to have been working with service-members, veterans and professionals who hire them – facilitating life-mapping, career transitions and career management for more than seven years.
My courses are not watered-down, simply pre-recorded lessons check-the-box type of lessons. Most blend lecture, readings, and collaboration among participants, live classes and thought-provoking assignments. Rather than paint by numbers approach to coach training, they implore you to dig deeper within yourself – to manifest your truest and deepest potential so you can do that for others. My courses have been called, intense, on-fire, challenging and rewarding. One of my mottoes is “you get out of it – what you put into it” – yet I will be walking that path with you as are you dedicated to this very purposeful achievement – a Life-Mapping Coach Certification. I take this seriously and feel each and every one of my students has brilliance within – so I do all in my power to support each person who enrolls. Even after graduation, the relationship does not stop, as each graduate is invited into a free, online portal to share insights and resources with others who have taken the same courses. Details on the new program coming soon… Also course descriptions will be moved to another website where ALL coaching training programs are described and sold.
The best educational experiences I have ever had. I feel lucky to have been part of the Hawk Eye training. Jessi is a wonderful instructor. I am truly grateful to have been part of this learning experience. KW- Cohort 14 – CVDC
*Beginning in 2018 we will present this program with a new name with a sightly modified focus: BlueRio’s Certified Life Mapping Coach Training –Specializing in Transition and Development for Service Members, Veterans and Their Families.
Graduates will earn a CLMC – Certified Life Mapping Coach designation and will have the option to retain the CVDC as well. This is pending BCC Approval. *We also are currently approved to deliver the Flagship Hawk Eye as a hybrid on-line and onsite program through the Fall of 2017.
Mindful and Innovative, BlueRio’s Hawk Eye Coach Training (Track A) is the USA’s first certification course of its kind to gain Center For Credentialing and Education (CCE) approval. This program is about training individuals (civilians and military) to help veterans, reservists, guardsmen and their families successfully manage the transition from the military to the civilian sector with dignity, purpose and strategy. The last version of this program, 100% online is finishing this summer. It is still available through the fall as a Hybrid program. To bring this training to your site, contact us. For more information on the program you may inquire as to a 3-day or 5-day delivery plus online completion. Coming soon is the updated program – Certification in Life Mapping for service Members and their families.
You can come from any field – however the most common professionals who use coaching as a tool in their toolbox and would benefit from BueRio’s Hawk Eye Training in the Full Certification Program are:
- Trained Social Workers
- Career Counselors
- Clinical Psychologists
- Human Resource Consultants
- Educators (Higher Education)
- Military Partners/Spouses
About Track A Training
BlueRio Strategies trains individuals (civilians and military) using a high-caliber, robust curriculum. The core focus of the training is to inspire, educate and empower people to use coaching as vehicle to assist military-connected individuals as they design sustainable lives, effective career maps and master transitioning from a military-focused life to the civilian sector with dignity and purpose. The program is also designed to encourage the participants/students to engage in deep reflection, experiencing potentially profound changes in their own lives as they train to support changes in their clients’ lives. BlueRio’s innovative process is founded in relational neuroscience, positive and strength-based strategies and what the founder calls Life-Mapping that is relatable, realistic and motivating. While it focuses on veterans as the main clientele who a coach may work with, the program offers tools and strategies for collaborating and supporting virtually anyone who is in a major career transition or seeking career and life management assistance.
Purpose, Benefits and Outcomes:
- Participants Will/Receive:
- Acquire foundations for life coaching and career management
Improve confidence in working with service members and their families coaching for sustainable life design and career management
- Experience and train to use at least two assessment tools (The VAL – Value Arrangements List and the Style Matters Communication and Conflict Inventory and will be able to test and train to become certified to administer the VAL
- Experience coaching using role-play among peers as well as deliver actual coaching
- One coaching session with founder after completion of course ($175 value)
- Free Listing in veteran coaching directory
- Recognition as a Certified Life Mapping Coach, Specializing in service members, veterans and their families
- Develop heightened problem-solving skills
- Improve self-awareness and leadership abilities
- Cultivate and innovative coaching strategies, and refine personal styles
- Develop leadership and development skills to help people in career, college and life management.
- Use insight to offer services in many communities for under-served populations
- *Can be used as CE units for CCE-Board Certified Coaches
- Acquire foundations for life coaching and career management
ABOUT THE BCC:
Ability to use hours to apply for credentialing through CCE (60 hours )
- Earning the BCC is NOT required to become a Certified Coach. This is an additional level of distinction and recommended only for those who either are or plan to conduct coaching at least 50% of more of their time and want to ensure proper credentialing in the event that the field of coaching becomes regulated. This additional credential is offered via the Center for Credentialing & Education – not through BlueRio. BlueRio is however an approved provider of training for those who wish to earn their BCC. ***Visit their site for more information)
• Participants who enroll in a BCC-Approved course have unlimited time before they can apply for the credential. As a practical matter, once participants apply for the BCC, there is a 3-year window in which their application remains active.
• The amount of training required is based on the applicant’s highest level of education at the time they apply. To qualify using a 60-hour program, the applicant would have to have the masters in a social/behavioral science at the time they applied. (This covers a wide array of majors) Detailed Requirements to Earn the BCC Credential may be found here: http://www.cce-global.org/Credentialing/BCC/Requirements
ABOUT COACH TRAINING – WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER IT?
Every few years, the ICF (International Coach Federation), via PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, administers a global study of coaches worldwide (including non-ICF members), the results offer a snapshot of where the profession of coaching is, right now, and what the future of coaching may be.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2016 ICF STUDY:
- Over 15,000 respondents, from 137 countries, took the survey
- The ICF estimates there are over 50,000 professional coaches, worldwide
- Coaching earns over $2 Billion per year in US Dollars.
So What do Coaches Earn?
- Income varies widely – many factors include type of coaching, experience, location etc.…
- Globally, coaches average $51,000 per year USD.
- The highest earners are in Oceania ($73,000+), followed by N. America (almost $62,000), and W. Europe ($55,000+).
- Lowest earnings are in E. Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean ($18,000+ – $27,000+).
- Most coaches (75%) expect their annual income to increase in the near future
- Some coaches (45%) expect their fees to increase in the near future
WHAT ABOUT TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION?
- 99% of professional coaches have coach-specific training
- 81% have studied in an accredited or approved program (BlueRio and Hawk Collaborative offer two Center for Credentialing and Education, BCC-Approved programs. BlueRio’s Hawk Eye and Lead and Thrive
- Over two-thirds have completed at least 125 approved/accredited hours of coach training.
- 77% say their clients expect coaches to be certified.
- 44% say the biggest obstacle to the coaching profession is untrained individuals who call themselves, coaches.
Each Cohort attends a live virtual panel of experts. View this past cohort’s panel and the last few guests’ Bios here: Military-Connected Panelists
OR SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM______
What else do you need to know about Track A?
You will need a computer with internet access for the online/private website portion. A computer with speakers, a microphone and high-speed internet is needed for the live webinar portions.
You get 60+ hours of training – that includes the live, webinar style classes. You MUST attend at least 2 of the 4 webinar/tele-classes. The remaining training hours are earned through online, partly self-paced readings, videos and audio assignments and peer coaching.
Classes are intimate in size, usually averaging 7 – 10 students, although each session varies and there is a minimum of 6 enrolled students per cohort and a maximum of 25 during one cohort. It is an intensive, rigorous program that moves VERY quickly. All students are expected to actively contribute to online discussions (weekly.)
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS OF THIS COURSE BEFORE ENROLLING – Earning the CLMC/CVDC is an esteemed distinction – this course is rich with information intended to provide the highest quality coaches to serve our veterans and military-connected community.
*inquire about non-profit or military-related discounts.
The technology for ALL tracks includes an on-line portal called MyPowerSchool
TRACK A PROGRAM INCLUDES:
What is listed below is an overview – all is pending BCC- approval. The program design/curriculum is Copyrighted by BlueRio Strategies. © 2017
- Four Live Classes
- Four Modules of Lessons
- Total Lessons = 22 lessons
- Exams = 3
- Homework = 2
- Peer & Client Coaching Hours = 8 peer,10 client
- Formal Assessments/Inventories Given + Training = 2
- Discussion Forum – 1 post every 2 weeks (min) approx. 12 posts min
- One private coaching session with Founder ( after completion of course)
4 Live Webinars: all have a short break (4)
- 1-hour: Intro
- 2.5 hours –Creating Safe Spaces, Practicing Coaching
- 2.5 hours: Knowing Your Why – (Purpose, Branding and Life Mapping)
- 1.5 hours – Wrap-Up – Bringing Case Studies Full Circle – Sharing with the Cohort
Requirements –(More detailed requirements upon request)
The entire program is delivered on-line with live web-based and offline sessions. You will need a computer with Internet access. High-speed Internet is recommended. CLMC, Cohort 1 is approximately 6 months from start to graduation.
- Live Classes: You must attend 2/4 classes live at least 50% of the class
- Exams: You must pass three exams (coaching, VAL, final)
- Peer Coaching: There are eight hours of peer coaching
- Client Coaching: You are required to demonstrate proof of 10 hours of client coaching
- Coaching Plan based off of case study
- Coaching Conversations- 1 page
- Discussion Forum: You must make at least one post in all discussion topics – a post will be due every 2 weeks
**Those who want the additional CVDC designation must send in a reflection paper on how coaching a veteran may be different and what tools or techniques they intend to use or commit to a CAPSTONE project that is veteran-focused.
OUTLINE OF COURSE: (Overview)
Four modules, 22 lessons
Start Module 1 Lesson – Basics of Coaching – Understanding The Clients
- Lesson 1: Coaching History, BlueRio’s Foundational IA™ process ,What is Coaching? – BCC Core Comps
- Lesson 2: Military Experience: General lessons on military mindset, experiences inside military, experiences for family and spouses, experiences with transitions – work and life balance – lecture, videos, interviews
- Lesson 3: Ethics: BlueRio Code of Ethics, BCC Ethics
- Lesson 4: Coaching Session Samples
- Lesson 5: Setting Foundations, Creating Agreements – Screening, Creating Intake Sheets, Developing Agreements and Contracts.
- Lesson 6: Setting Boundaries as well as terminating Clients
- Lesson 7: Assessments – how to assess for strengths, gaps etc.
- Lesson 8: Intro to Coaching Plans (Basic Look at Planning using BlueRio’s Foundational IA™ Model as an example)
- Lesson 9: COACHING VS. THERAPY & MORE: Lessons on differences, when to refer out – brief lessons on TBI, PTS Inner Conflict [AKA Moral Injury] Survivor’s Guilt, PTG
MODULE 2 – Understanding Motivation, Communication & Conflict (Module 2 will explore how people are motivated, how they communicate and manage conflict and how IPNB and relational neuroscience supports these findings and offers ways for coaches to serve clients to their best capacity while tapping into a sense of Purpose.
- Lesson 10: Basics of the Brain
Lesson 11: Basics of IPNB, relational neuroscience, attunement etc.
- Lesson 12: Motivation Theories
- Lesson 13: Delving into Purpose (Strengths, weaknesses)
- Lesson 14: Goal-Setting, WOOP
- Lesson 15: Communication and Conflict
- Lesson 16: **Offer Style Matters and The VAL- recorded lessons on using both
- Lesson 17: Calming Techniques for coach and clients
MODULE 3 Platforms for Messaging of Purpose, Branding
- Lesson 18: Strategies & Problem-solving: Ladder of Inference, GAP Analysis, Force-Field Analysis, SWOT, SOAR)
- Lesson 19: Personal Branding
- Lesson 20: Mapping Life/Career – more in-depth Coach Planning and Case Studie
- Sub-lessons of 20: Lessons on interviewing, networking, videos, templates
MODULE 4: Finishing Up….
- Lesson 21: Growing Your Practice
- Lesson 22: SELF CARE & RESOURCES
Programs of this quality range from $1900 – $3000. Due to the nature of who enrolls (veterans, military-connected, nonprofit professionals, well-intended citizens, we have made a move to reduce the tuition for Cohort 1 of the new CLMC program. $1300 if paid in full, $1400 if paid in installments. Cohort 2 may increase in price. We will continue to offer military discounts, nonprofit discounts and scholarships. Please know the applications for scholarships has become very competitive. We do all we can to serve those who need it. Yet the funding comes literally from the founder and when and if any other businesses offer additional support.
The next cohort has a min of 6 to be enrolled.
Tentative schedule is below- (This is NOT a finalized schedule)
Portal will open so participants can get used to it on 12/28/17
Lessons begin immediately inside the portal. Followed by live webinar style class.
Live Class #1 = 1-hour intro –Tentative Date: Monday January 8: 6 – 7pm EST
Live Class #2 = 2.5 hours –Creating Safe Spaces, Tentative Date: Monday January 22 – 5:00 – 7:30pm EST
Live Class #3 = 2.5 hours: Knowing Your Why –Tentative Date: Monday March 12th – 5:00 – 7:30pm EST
Final Live Class #4 =1.5 hours – Wrap-Up – Tentative Date: Monday April 23 – 5:00 – 6:30pm EST
The course ends and portal closes June 16th. It is possible to complete all requirements and finish by May 15th,
Enroll buttons coming soon (last updated 7/26/17)
I realize you may have questions about this training program. Please email me with ANY questions you may have – or look under the menu at the top of the page (That says training details ) with links to the right of the page to more information on the program.