Earning the Certified Veteran Development Coach (CVDC) is a highly respected distinction – This course is rich with information intended to provide the highest quality coaches to serve our veterans and military-connected community.
The entire program is delivered on-line with live web-based and offline sessions in a private portal (website dedicated for each session.) You will need a computer with internet access. High-speed internet is recommended. Sessions are approximately nine – twelve weeks long (Those earning 60 hours will complete additional assignments and thus may take longer to finish). There will be six webinars/teleclasses as part of the program.
While live classes are recorded, attendance is HIGHLY encouraged and each student MUST attend at least 3/6 live classes via telephone or computer. To obtain certification, you must pass a final exam with an 80% or better in addition to other requirements. One very important requirement is that you access the course portal weekly and you contribute to the discussion area. You will also have deadlines associated with these posts as well as a few exams. You will have up to three months to complete coaching hours verification. (Certification is dependent on meeting ALL requirements)
No prerequisites required – No required additional textbooks to purchase, however there are recommended books in addition to assigned readings, homework and a few simple quizzes and exams.
While a college degree is not necessary, the ability to master college-level &/or professional level material is necessary. (Unless applying for board credentials through CCE)
You are expected to access the online class portal weekly and contribute to the online discussions. To earn your full certification as a coach, you must contribute to all discussions. More details included in the syllabus that you will receive before class starts.
Scrolling below will give you more details about the requirements. At any time if you have questions about these requirements before enrolling, please contact us.
All students (No matter which track) will have to pass a final exam with a grade of 80% or better. *This exam can be offered orally to those with any test anxiety or visual impairments. It also may be repeated until participant earns 80% or better. Hawk Eye accepts the best grade as the final grade.
REQUIREMENTS TRACK A (35 hours)
You will have to commit to a total of 8 hours peer coaching – peers will be set up in 3 or 4 people pods. This coaching will be mostly role-play with each other.
You must also commit to one of three one-hour of individual coaching sessions with the lead instructor. The other two sessions may be spread across a 90-day window.
You must access the course portal weekly and contribute to the course discussions. (There are deadlines associated with the discussions which are usually based off a 2-week window to contribute)
There is minimal homework, a few exams and one final exam.
To earn your Hawk Eye certificate you will also demonstrate proof of coaching– at least four hours. This can be pro-bono, group coaching or even additional coaching with a peer coach.
You have up to three months to send in proof of coaching. Once proof is received, and you have met all other requirements, you will become an approved Hawk Eye Coach. If you meet all requirements except proof of coaching, you will earn a certificate of completion until proof of coaching is received.
For the 35 hour (overview)
- Must attend 3/6 live classes
- Must contribute to ALL discussion forums – (even if it is just 1 post – optional topics are excluded)
- Completion of required quizzes
- Completion of required assignments ( minimal)
- Final Test (80% or above – 3 attempts to earn 80 is given.)
- Test on VAL assessment (78 or above – 3 attempts to earn 78 is given.)
- TRACK A – 35 hours: Minimum one individual, one-hour session with instructor to practice and model coaching
- Minimum four additional coaching hours with outside client (or peer coach)
- 8 hours of collaborative coaching with assigned peer coaches
For the 60 hour requirement:
- • Must attend 3/6 live classes
- Must contribute to 100% discussion forums – (except optional)
- • Final Test (80% or above – 3 attempts to earn 80 is given.)
- • Test on VAL assessment (78 or above – 3 attempts to earn 78 is given.)
- • Completion of required quizzes
- • Completion of required assignments
- • One, one-hour sessions with instructor to practice and model coaching
- • Minimum Ten additional coaching hours with outside client (or peer coach)
- • 8 hours of collaborative coaching with assigned peer coaches (peers will be pods of 3 or 4 people)
- • Final project includes development of coaching plan based on case study or your capstone project
+++For those planning to apply for BCC credentials, You will have to also have proof of additional coaching hours per CCE. See their requirements here.
***At any time there is an open slot in any session – for up to one year following your initial enrollment you may sit on classes or repeat the program at no additional charge.